Tuesday 27 December 2016

I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU

And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house" (Luke 19:5). 

There are several themes that could be explored in the encounter between Jesus and Zacchaeus. But the one that caught my fancy at this time is the surprise element in the story. What a pleasant surprise it must have been for chief Zacchaeus when Jesus said, "I'm coming with you to your house!" All that the man wanted was merely to catch a glimpse of Jesus. But now, he had the opportunity of a full view of the Master. Beyond that, he had the honour of receiving Jesus in his house, sitting at the same table and dinning with Him. It was a real pleasant surprise and I'm sure that Zacchaeus would have treasured the memory of that awesome event for the rest of his life. 

My friend, I've got news for you. There is surprise in the air. I can feel it in my spirit. I can smell it; I can sense it, that God is about to do something that will leave you in positive shock. That was what happened to Zacchaeus. He could hardly believe his good fortune. He was dazed; he was stunned! Many could not understand what was going on. Others were indignant and grumped, wondering why holy Jesus was hanging out with a filthy tax collector. But Zacchaeus was having the best moment of his life, and he was certainly enjoying every bit of it. 

Zacchaeus never expected that the Lord would give him attention. All he wanted was to just observe Jesus from a vantage point at the top of a sycamore tree as the Lord passed by. He never desired nor expected that Jesus would want to come to his house, let alone eat there. He never bargained for that exclusive divine visitation. But here was the miracle worker, live and direct, full of grace and truth, relaxing in the home of Zacchaeus, with all the host of heaven at attention. Zacchaeus certainly got far more than he ever bargained for. I see the Lord do the same for you. 

Another point we should not ignore is that Zacchaeus wasn't seeking salvation, but at the end of the story, Jesus proclaimed that salvation had entered into the home of this tax collector. Some people call the Lord "Jehovah overdo" because He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we could ever ask for or think. Personally, I have seen Him surpass my expectations again and again. In this season of divine surprises, I see the Lord going beyond your request, doing above your desires, and answering you beyond your dreams. He's able! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

GET READY FOR RESTORATION

"And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his...