Thursday 26 September 2013

THE SON IS RECONCILED TO THE FATHER (IS GOD STILL ANGRY WITH ME?, PART 3)

THE SON IS RECONCILED TO THE FATHER
(IS GOD STILL ANGRY WITH ME?, PART 3)

I was as moved as you were, coming from zero to hero. The utterance from a broken spirit, tearing others to repentance invariably, wow,  a mini Azusa revival took place.
Comm'on the Pastor on the mountain almost thought Apostle Ayo Babalola had ressurrected for the revival thirsty congregation.
Real as the day, what I fear most suddenly took the centre stage.

Mr Adegboyega is a renown mathematics teacher who once looked at us in JSS 3 and said; you all have a 50/50 chance of becoming a genius or a crook. These words of wisdom   have fine-tuned my psyche towards setting or breaking records. The fence of which have been broken several times but due to my mental weakness or what you know as inferiority complex, i kept battling recurrent situations.

There are those days that temporary failure had manipulated our perspective towards God, a times we see man as a soccer ball tossed around by the supernatural forces. The God that loves everybody equally often becomes a theory. To me, I have seen those that gave little to life and are on the horse of destiny shinning in thousands stars and some who gave all yet languished in squalor. Horrible reflection though, the dawn of new experience is here.

What should I do now? How would i relate with my troublesome friends? Partial Christianity is what we embraced, they will hate me with passion. Whom we are in Christ can not be hidden, the light, salt of life. The struggle and noise in my mind rose high as the Trojan wall. In the bus heading to Ibadan, each thought had a vacant room echo even into my eyes. Any body contact send a syringe to my subconscious mind.

Torn between two world, I set out to preach in the bus, not so coherent but pierce everyone around me. A police man on board stared at me many times, i guess fuming at how bad he had being. To a point the driver said Pastor, what should I do, like Philip I sad give your life to Jesus as Lord and saviour.

Many of you are presently looking and guessing but I am a son reconciled by grace.
Finally, the eagle landed and all hailing the bad boy turned S.U. The prettiest of all faces, dangling legs and tempting lips from the gate to the hostel. More beautiful than I ever thought, now my hood gesticulating all slogans, they looked terrible like orphan. Lost in thoughts and words, deforestating the grass with their mouth, like an old volkswagen.
The smoke from the Indian hemp had burnt their heart to the eyes and their thought is darkened.

That night, I preached my first sermon to them, do you know it ended in a bout. Satan came down punching me through them and the Holy Ghost took the batching for me. They said I have gone mad this time. By morning we had gone past almost every scripture in the bible.

Let me, introduce three notorious member of my hood, one is Kampe, who believes in Charms, Jide the Jeed, playful and extremely funny, Skippo, the petty thief. These three are product of the most popular church  in Nigeria.

We need to get back to the class the next morning, silence like Osun river, many people were busy asking if anybody had seen me.  Some even said maybe I have gone to renew the charming charm which had made me the toast of big boys.
The rumble in the class is next and the Ipogo revival lets meet tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

GET READY FOR RESTORATION

"And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his...