Wednesday 11 November 2015

BASIC FOR HUMAN RELATIONSHIP!

If I love, that will never come to an end. But it is different for all those gifts that God has given to us. The time will come when we do not need them any longer. People will stop telling messages from God. They will stop speaking in special languages. The many things that people know will finish" (1 Corinthians 13:8). 

The thirteenth chapter of the book of First Corinthians is an excellent treatise on love. Love is basic to human relationships and existence. For example, no true marriage and family can exist without love. Effective parenting is impossible without love. Friendship at any level won't go far without love. Religion is only meaningful when hinged on love. Workplace productivity is enhanced when people love what they do and the company they work for. And in the sphere of public service and patriotism, responsible leadership and good citizenship will only be found where love for the country is present. 

However, as it is in virtually all things, the average human being has a very poor understanding of what love is. Human definition of love is often faulty, selfish and inadequate. But here, God gives us a complete, objective and finest explanation on what it means to love. And of course, we must accept that God’s perspective is the authentic perspective. Therefore, if you claim to love someone, you will do well to confirm the sincerity of your claims by checking up with the characteristics of love as laid out in the Bible. 

Below are excerpts from First Corinthians chapter Thirteen from verse four to the eighth, taken from the Easy English Version of the Bible. It talks about God’s kind of love which we ought to apply to our relationships. Please think on these things. 

"If I love, I will be very patient. I will be kind. I will not want to be like other people so much that I get angry with them. I will not tell people how good I am. I will not think that I am better than other people.
If I love, I will always be polite. I will think about what other people want. I will not think only about what I myself want. I will not get angry quickly. And I will not always be remembering the wrong things that other people have done to me.
If I love, I will not be happy about bad things. But instead, I will be happy about things that are right and true.
If I really love people, I will never stop loving them. It will not matter what happens. Whatever things may happen, I will still continue to love. If I love, then, during all things, I will still continue to believe. If I love, then, during all things, I will still continue to hope for good things. If I love then, during all things, I will still continue to be patient and strong.
If I love, that will never come to an end". 

Let me say this in closing. Where there is love, true love, you can be sure that God’s will is being honoured and His loving presence will be present. Also, you can be sure that with love in our hearts, we all can win together. Indeed God's kind of love will make our world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

GET READY FOR RESTORATION

"And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his...