Wednesday 30 March 2016

ALL CHRISTIAN SUNDAY MAGAZINE

copied from MCS (Media Career Service )

An All- Christian Sunday Newspaper,
Jesus Christ is set to hit the newsstands on April 10, 2016.
The concept of the publication according to the United States based publisher, Moshood Ademola Fayemiwo was a divine injunction when he was detained in 1997 by the former military dictator, Gen. Sanni Abacha.
” I heard the voice of the Lord loud and clear and the assignment of gospel propagation was committed into his hands, ” Fayemiwo.
” It was a Friday, 14th of February 1997. I will never forget the day I passed from death to life. I was kidnapped by the goons of the late Nigerian military dictator, Gen. Sanni Abach from neighboring Republic of Benin where I had sought political asylum as publisher & Editor of that samizdat, Razor magazine between 1993 and 1998. I was quarantined inside the underground detention facility of the Directorate of Military Intelligence {DMI}, Apapa, Lagos reminiscent of the Gulag in Old Soviet Union. I was suicidal and couldn’t understand why this nightmare.
“Then at 4:00pm I heard the Voice of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ: ‘ Moshood, I am the Lord Jesus Christ, your Creator. I have brought you to this place to use you’. A Bible will be given to you. I was not dreaming, hallucinating, disoriented, and neither was I sleeping. I heard His Voice as One speaking to me, except I didn’t see His form. I knew it was my Creator, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He commanded me to establish a newspaper in His Honor. I didn’t know what to publish but He said He would inspire me and teach me what to publish. That was 20 years ago. But the pathway was tortuous yet God’s prophesy must be fulfilled,” Fayemiwo said.
The Jesus Christ Sunday and Jesus Christ Daily Newspapers according to its mission statement will be “forceful media organs for disseminating news that lead readers from information to spiritual understanding; that the quest for inner peace and social harmony can only be achieved through trust, faith and belief in the Good News of Our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Fayemiwo, a former student union leader at the University of Lagos was publisher of the defunct Razor Magazine.
The 120-page newspapers will sell for N400 per copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

GET READY FOR RESTORATION

"And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his...