Wednesday 25 March 2015

HE DISAPPOINTED THEM..


"He dissapoints the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise" (Job 5:12). 

I have often used this Scripture verse to pray against those who are working against me and contrary to what I understand to be God's purpose. I tell God to disappoint, confound, frustrate, render ineffectual and destroy every device, thought, plan or invention put together by the crafty - by which I mean the enemy - against me. Never for once did I ever imagine that I could be praying against myself also. 

Here is what I have discovered. The Lord showed me that my very self could be the 'crafty' in question who has put together various devices or plans to get to my desired destination. To be crafty does not always mean something negative and devilish. To be crafty is to be shrewd, sensible and prudent. It is simply the ability to put common sense to work in an uncommon way. Ideally, there should be nothing wrong with that. 

However, the real problem with the crafty is that God is not part of his intelligent arrangements. God has not been consulted, His will has not been sought and His counsel has been discountenanced. The crafty here is the fool who has intelligently figured out how to do it, take it and get it, all without God taking His place as the Alpha and Omega of his plans and programmes. 

It brings us back to the issue of walking in the will of God for our respective lives and communities. It is our individual duty to seek God’s will for our personal lives and also for our country so that we can walk in line with God’s plans. We must realise that once the devices we have put together are not part of God's process to fulfill His purpose in our lives, we should prepare for disappointments, orchestrated by the Lord Himself and not the devil. 

Friends, this is God's world, and in case you don't know or you need to be reminded, God has not abandoned this world to us to do with it as we like. He has not abdicated His authority to rule in the affairs of men (Daniel 4:32). This is God's world, your life belongs to Him, your family, your business, your ministry, your nation also and all its affairs belong to God, and it's all got to be run on His terms, not yours. That was the lesson Nebuchadnezzar, the King of Babylon had to learn in a very hard way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

GET READY FOR RESTORATION

"And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his...