Saturday 9 April 2016

ALL HELPS COME FROM GOD PRT 2 - DR. SEGUN OSHINAGA

But to secure the help of God, it is vital to seek it. David said –
‘I will lift up my eyes.’
The danger when trouble beckons is that we are often confused and don’t know where to turn for help. Defeat is not too far from a state of confusion. David had a cure for that. He was not going to be running helter-skelter, seeking for solution in hundred different directions. When all hell breaks loose as surely as they sometimes do in our lives, how do we react? Do we react in fear and shame or respond in faith and confidence?
“Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.”
Psalms 27:3
We are often terrified by the activities of the enemy and become fearful and timid. We must know God enough to know that He will come through for us.
‘My heart shall not fear’ – is an expression of faith and deep understanding of the power of the Lord to help. Let your heart not fear or fail but be confident of divine intervention in your situation. That reminds me of one of my most favourite songs – ‘I don’t know how, I don’t know when but He will do it again.’ God may not work according to my time-table but He sure works according to His purpose and plan for my life.
I dare you today to trust in God’s sense of timing and purpose. When you get in trouble, as you will sometimes, seek His help. No matter how bad it looks, we can trust Him to make it alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

GET READY FOR RESTORATION

"And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his...